Thank you for your interest in Cathedral Catholic High School. Admissions application packets are now available for current high school students who wish to transfer to Cathedral Catholic for fall of the 2018-2019 school year. See admissions application process below for how to obtain an application.
Transfer applicants must have a minimum 2.0 GPA with no “F” grades on their transcript. Students must be currently enrolled in an accredited school. Transfer students are accepted based on space availability. We cannot guarantee admission.
Cathedral Catholic High School adheres to C.I.F. transfer eligibility rules for athletes. Please review a message from the CIF Commissioner from May 2012 regarding transfer student athletes and eligibility.
Students entering the 12th grade are normally not considered for transfer to Cathedral Catholic. Please contact the admissions office at (858) 523-4000 with questions in this regard.
Fall semester transfers may apply any time for admissions until the end of May 2017. However, we also encourage interested transfer applicants to complete their admissions paperwork as soon as possible.
Admissions Application Process
Step 1 – Complete and Return
- Application Form– to be completed electronically, online, by parent/guardian.
- Student Questionnaire – to be completed in the Ravenna Application Portal, by the student in his/her own words please.
- Previous two years of student grades – obtain these by submitting our Official Transcript Request/Release of Information, also available through the Ravenna Application Portal, and give that form to your child’s school. We will also require course descriptions to accompany transcripts, as well as a description of the school’s grading/evaluation system. Please be sure all forms are turned in early to the school in order to help them meet the admissions deadline.
- Student Recommendation Form – to be given to your student’s current school for completion. Please submit only one recommendation form. No additional recommendations are necessary.
- Copy of Birth Certificate or Passport – (to verify child’s date of birth and legal name)
- Immunization records (if not sent by school, parent must provide record to Cathedral Catholic High School) Tuberculosis (TB) and Pertussis (Tdap) Booster Form – Documented proof of tuberculosis (TB) testing dated after September 1, 2012 and Whooping Cough Booster (Tdap) mandated by State of California (booster needs to be dated within the past seven years).
- The Application/Processing Fee is $75. Fees are due upon completion of the online application.
Families are encouraged to continuing working on the remainder of the application through the steps listed below:
NOTE: Failure to return the above items will not affect your child’s admission status, but they are required documents for enrollment.
Step 2 – Interview
Upon receipt of all elements of the application packet listed above, the Admissions office will contact the transfer student for an interview. Student interviews for fall enrollments take place on a rolling basis in March/April/May 2018.
Step 3 – Offer of Admission
The Admissions Committee will grant final acceptance on a rolling basis from March through May to fall 2018 applicants who submitted paperwork in good order on or before January 6, 2018.
Step 4 – Tuition and Fee Agreement and Registration
- Upon acceptance, Cathedral Catholic High School will send you information to set up your tuition and fee agreement for the 2018-2019 school year. You will also receive additional information to facilitate your child’s enrollment into the school.
- Completing the online Tuition and Fee Agreement is imperative to confirm that they will be attending Cathedral Catholic High School in the fall.
- Should you choose not to enroll your child in the fall, we kindly request you let us know in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org during the tuition agreement and final registration process.
- Upon acceptance, a request should be submitted to your child’s current school for official, final transcripts to be sent to our attention, no later than July 1, 2018.
How to Submit Admissions Paperwork
Completed application packets can be delivered in one of four ways:*
- Hand carry to our Main Office between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Fax paperwork to 858-523-4073 (Attention: Admissions)
- Send an e-mail attachment (scan documents and save as a PDF please) to email@example.com
- Mail packet to: Cathedral Catholic High School
5555 Del Mar Heights Rd.
San Diego, CA 92130
Thank you again for your interest in Cathedral Catholic High School. It is our sincerest hope that you and your child become a part of the Dons family next year.