Cathedral Catholic High School’s Pre-Engineering Program is designed to provide students with the skills needed to succeed in future science, technology, engineering and mathematics degrees.
- Upon graduation, students who have completed 8 required courses will receive a Graduated with a Distinction in Engineering recognition on their transcript.
The Pre-Engineering Program offers an exciting and challenging education, which entails rigorous technical course concepts related to real-world problems and solutions through hands-on, project-based learning.
- The program is centered around problem-solving and applying current processes, skills and resources to real-world scenarios.
- Educational and engaging off-campus industry tours
- Local, state and national science and technology activities, including workshops, seminars and events
- Industry workplace experiences
- Daily use and access to the McSweeney Engineering Complex:
|Computer Lab with industry-level programs and capabilities|| |
|CAD/CAM software ||CNC milling machine|
|3D printing||CNC plasma cutting machine|
|Project testing facility||Raw materials|
- Preparation for the challenges of college and professional STEM-related fields:
|Developing students’ time-management organizational processes|
|Scientific analytical thinking skills|
Students who are interested in…
- Hands-on laboratory projects
- Innovative and creative thinking
- Collaborative team and group problem solving
- Innovative instruction
- Pursuing a STEM degree
|Introduction to STEAM||AP Computer Science A|
|Advanced STEAM||AP Chemistry or AP Biology|
|4th Year STEAM Capstone and Practicum||AP Physics 1 or higher level physics|
|Engineering Design||AP Calculus AB or higher-level calculus|
For more information, contact Mr. Andrew Knoll.
Flickr album: Pre-Engineering
| Height: 400px
| Theme: Nested | Skin: Default Skin
A Focus On...
Academics & Student Support