Cathedral Catholic High School regularly offers a total of 26 Advanced Placement courses as part of its curriculum in English, mathematics, science and engineering, social science, visual and performing arts and world languages.
- Students receive honors credit for AP courses.
- Students enrolled in these courses are highly encouraged to take the AP exams in May.
- Successful completion of an AP exam may earn students college credits (this college board search tool shows how schools award credit for AP testing).
Please see the Curriculum guide for a description of these AP courses (the course titles will have the letters AP in front of them).
|AP Courses for 2023-2024|
|English||English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition|
|Mathematics||Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Statistics|
|Science and Engineering||Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science Principles, Computer Science A, Environmental Science, Physics 1, Physics C|
|Social science||World History (Modern), United States History, United States Government and Politics, Macroeconomics, Psychology|
|Visual and Performing Arts||Music Theory, Art History, Studio Art (Drawing), Studio Art (2-D), Studio Art (3-D)|
|World Languages||Chinese Language and Culture, French Language and Culture, Latin, Spanish Language and Culture|
Cathedral Catholic High School partners with MiraCosta College to offer dual enrollment courses.
- These courses count toward a student’s units needed for high school graduation while also providing college credits that appear on a MiraCosta college transcript.
- These courses are taken during the school day with no additional cost beyond regular tuition.
- Students may take up to two dual enrollment courses per semester in their junior and senior years.
There is also a dual enrollment course in Spanish offered in summer school.
In total, Cathedral Catholic offers 12 college courses as part of its dual enrollment program.
|Dual Enrollment Courses for 2023-2024|
|History 110 and 111||3 semester units each|
|Math 265 and 270||4 semester units each|
|Political Science 102||3 semester units|
|Psychology 101 and 114||3 semester units each|
|Sociology 101 and 102||3 semester units each|
|Spanish 102||3 semester units offered in summer school|
Academics & Student Support