The Mission and Ministry Department is responsible for Cathedral Catholic High School’s religious curriculum and campus ministry program. Guided by the Gospels and the traditions and teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, the Mission and Ministry Department collaborates with parents in the spiritual formation of students.
The department also ministers to school employees and parents and works with area pastors and youth ministries in the shared mission of developing disciples of Jesus Christ.
The Mission and Ministry Department’s guiding principles are to:
- Proclaim the Gospels
- Catechize and evangelize students and the broader school community
- Promote the ideals of character, faith, knowledge, and responsibility
- Provide opportunities for students and employees to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ
- Educate and encourage action in addressing contemporary societal problems and working towards peace and justice in the world
- Foster greater appreciation and involvement in the liturgical celebrations of the Church
- Complement the general goals and objectives of the Diocese of San Diego and Cathedral Catholic High School
A Focus On...
Cathedral Catholic is blessed to be in partnership with the Miles Christi religious order from Argentina. The Miles Christi priests expanded their apostolate to San Diego in 2008. Their mission is the sanctification of the lay faithful, particularly young people. They focus on leading retreats, giving spiritual direction and offering Catholic intellectual formation. They joined Cathedral Catholic High School as chaplains in 2010, and since then they have been serving our faith community and spiritually supporting our students, employees and families. Fr. Paul, Fr. Claude and Fr. Matthew are very much a part of the community through the various activities and events they lead.