Overview: Cathedral Catholic High School is a Catholic faith community that serves students by preparing them for college and lifelong learning, while providing the character formation necessary for responsible global citizenship.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty set forth by the standards of Cathedral Catholic High School satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the essential functions.
- Coaching experience at the high school or college level is required.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport. Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
- To emphasize the proper ideals of sportsmanship, ethical conduct and fair play.
- To demonstrate courtesy and respect for all involved in any athletic event: opponents, fans and officials.
- To encourage leadership, initiative and good judgment by the players on a team.
- To recognize that the purpose of athletics is to promote the physical, spiritual, mental, moral, social and emotional well-being of individuals.
- To stress values derived from playing the game fairly.
- An appreciation for the Catholic spiritual and intellectual traditions, and a willingness and comfort infusing the Catholic faith and values throughout the entire program.
Responsibilities: Varsity Head Coach at CCHS will be responsible for the following:
- Hold organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages students to participate.
- Assess skills and assigns team
- Develop a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Work with the Athletics Director in scheduling facilities for practices, events and performances.
- Coach and instruct students, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Observe students, during events and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior and provides proper supervision of team members at all times.
- Monitor the academic performance of team members to ensure that eligibility requirements are met.
- Follow established procedures in the event of an injury.
- Conference with parents/guardians, as necessary, regarding the performance of their
- Follow state, regional, and district regulations governing the program.
- Model sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards students, officials, and spectators set forth by the standards of Cathedral Catholic High School.
- Act as a team representative and promotes the team & school by communicating with the news media, booster clubs, service clubs, and other organizations.
- Follow established procedures for supplies and uniforms.
- Work with the Athletic Director to develop a policy for awards and submits a list of award winners at the end of the season.
- Participate in special activities to include Parents’ Night, Open House, student orientations, banquets, award nights, and pep assemblies.
- Maintain eligibility forms, emergency data cards, insurance records, equipment inventory, and other related records.
- Model nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
Please e-mail the following information to Mr. David Smola, Athletic Director, at email@example.com:
- Pre-Application Statement (signed)
- Cover letter expressing interest in coaching at Cathedral Catholic High School.
- Updated resume
If you are interested in a teaching position, #s 4 and 5 are also required:
- College/University transcripts (unofficial is acceptable for the interview process, but official transcripts will be required if offered employment)
- Letters of recommendation and contact information for three references (2 professional and 1 clergy member)