CASE STUDIES NIGHT FOR JUNIORS AND PARENTS/GUARDIANS –
**Registration closes on March 1st**
The Case Study college night is an engaging and effective way to discuss the college application process and is commonly used in California. College representatives will lead parents and students through a mock admission committee of four cases. The exercise will point out the intricacies of the process and the importance of assembling a strong application. Guests will gain insight and understanding as to what is valued in the application. The Case Study program concludes with a mini college fair.
- Date: March 4, 2020
- Time: 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.; check-in starts at 5:45 p.m.
- Location: Academic Center
- RSVP: Case Studies for Juniors and Parents/Guardians Sign-Up Form
- Deadline: March 1, 2020
Case Studies Reading Material:
- Examining the Applicant’s File
- Fictitious University Profile
- Admissions FAQ’s
- Candidate Review Form
- Case 1: Henry Watanabe
- Case 2: Marcela Castillo
- Case 3: Dorri Johnson
FRESHMAN/SOPHOMORE PARENT MEETING –
**Mark your calendar!**
WECARE PRESENTS –
Parents are invited to attend “Parenting the iGeneration,” a talk given by Dr. Jean Twenge, Professor of Psychology at San Diego State University and researcher. An author of more than 140 scientific publications and books, Dr. Twenge will speak on the topic of how to parent the current generation of connected kids.
- Date: Tuesday, March 3, 2020
- Time: 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. and 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- Location: Warren Walker Middle School (Morning) and The Bishop’s School (Evening)
- Registration is not required.
SUMMER PROGRAMS –
Devil Pups: Southern California boys and girls between the ages of 14 – 17 are invited to participate in a free 10-day encampment with the U.S. Marines in Camp Pendleton, CA. Devil Pups, Inc. is a non-profit organization that pays for this program. The purpose of this camp is to develop in our youth a sense of self-discipline, self-confidence, leadership and pride of accomplishment. This is accomplished through a challenging and rigorous program of motivational speakers, problem-solving, physical training, swimming, camping and hiking. Over 50,000 boys and girls have graduated from this program since it was first established in 1954. This is not a recruitment program for the Marines, but those who attend will be exposed to Marine Corps leadership.
- Camp Dates: July 9 – 18, 2020
- Location: Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, Oceanside, CA
- Cost: Free
- Requirements: 14 – 17 years of age; pass a physical fitness test, cannot have asthma, cannot take medications of any kind, provide documentation of a physician’s medical exam
- Program Information: Become a Devil Pup