Cathedral Catholic High School’s Pre-Engineering Program is designed to provide students with the skills needed to succeed in future Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics degrees. The CCHS Pre-Engineering Program includes at least four specialized courses. Upon graduation, students who have completed 12 required courses will receive a “Graduated with a Distinction in Engineering” recognition on their transcript.
What the Program Offers:
An exciting and challenging education entailing rigorous technical course concepts related to real-world problems and solutions through hands-on, project-based learning.
- Educational and exciting off-campus industry tours
- Local, state, and national science and technology activities – Robotic competitions, workshops, seminars, and events
- Industry – workplace experiences
- Daily use and all-access to the re-modeled and expanding Pre-Engineering and Robotics facility
- CNC milling machine
- CNC plasma cutter and table
- Desktop computers
- Re-modeled computer room – 3D printing
- CAD/CAM software
- Preparation for the challenges of college engineering courses, while developing students’ time-management and scientific analytical thinking skills, along with problem-solving techniques and technical knowledge
Requirements by Grade Level:
Class of 2018: completion AP Calc AB minimum, Intro to STEAM, ADV STEAM, Eng Design, AP Physics 1 minimum, AP Computer Science A
Class of 2019: completion AP Calc AB minimum, Intro to STEAM, ADV STEAM, Eng Design, AP Physics 1 minimum, AP Computer Science A, 4th Year Capstone and Practicum Class
Class of 2020 and Beyond: completion AP Calc AB minimum, Intro to STEAM, ADV STEAM, Eng Design, AP Physics 1 minimum, AP Chem or AP Bio, AP Computer Science A, 4th Year Capstone and Practicum Class
Contact Mr. Andrew Knoll at email@example.com
Download the Pre-Engineering Flyer.