Cathedral Catholic High School’s Pre-Engineering program started as a club over five years ago. Today the program offers 12 courses to CCHS students. The CCHS Pre-Engineering Program is designed to provide students with the skills needed to succeed in future Science, Technology Engineering, and Mathematic degrees.
What the Program Offers:
An exciting and challenging education showing how rigorous technical course concepts related to real-world program solutions through hands-on, project-based learning. CCHS transcript distinction and special graduation certification designating, “Significant Achievements in the Pre-Engineering Program.”
- Educational and exciting off-campus industry tours
- Local, state, and national science and technology activities – Robotic competitions, workshops, seminars, and events
- Industry internship – real-world job experiences
- Daily use and all-access to the newly re-modeled and expanding Pre-Engineering and Robotics facility
- CNC milling machine
- CNC plasma cutter and table
- New desktop computers
- Re-modeled computer room – 3D printing
- New CAD/CAM software
- Preparation for the challenges of college engineering courses, while developing students’ time-management and scientific analytical thinking skills, along with problem-solving techniques and technical knowledge
Requirements by Grade Level:
Class of 2018: completion AP Calc AB/BC, Intro to STEAM, ADV STEAM, Eng Design, AP Physics C OR AP Physics 1
Class of 2019: completion AP Calc AB/BC, Intro to STEAM, ADV STEAM, Eng Design, AP Physics C OR AP Physics 1, AP Comp Sci A, 4th year Engineering Class
Class of 2020 and Beyond: completion AP Calc BC (prefer Calc D/Linear), Intro to STEAM, ADV STEAM, Eng Design, AP Physics 1, AP Physics C, AP Comp Sci A, 4th year Engineering Class, AP Chem OR AP Bio
More information and Sign Up
Fill out this form for more information and to register for the CCHS Pre-Engineering Program.
Download the CCHS Pre-Engineering flyer.