Click here for Summer Assignments.
Learn more about the Academics at CCHS:
Cathedral Catholic High School is a college preparatory school, accredited by the Western Catholic Educational Association (WCEA), at the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and holds membership with the College Board. The daily academic program is organized on a rotating schedule. A typical schedule consists of 35 units (7 classes) per semester. A Cathedral Catholic graduate will complete a minimum of 280 credits in the following:
- 40 units (4 years) Religious Studies
- 40 units (4 years) English
- 20 units (2 years) Language other than English
- 30 units (3 years) Mathematics
- 30 units (3 years) Science and Engineering
- 10 units (1 year) Visual and Performing Arts
- 55 units (6 years) elective credit (may include core courses)
- 20 units (2 years) Physical Education/Health and/or Sports Affiliation
- 5 units Speech Communication
The academic year is divided into two semesters. Honors and Advanced Placement courses are offered in English, Languages, Mathematics, Science and Social Science. A Learning Center is available for students with learning differences.
The daily academic program is organized on a rotating schedule. A typical schedule consists of 35 units (7 class) per semester. Students meet for three classes on Monday, and four classes per day Tuesday – Friday.
Cathedral Catholic High School is pleased to partner with MiraCosta. This partnership enables high achieving CCHS juniors and seniors to obtain lower division college credit on our campus. This partnership continues with six classes offered on our campus during the 2016 – 2017 school year:
- Psychology 101
- Psychology 245
- History 109
- History 110
- Linear Algebra