UPDATE: FRESHMAN & SOPHOMORE PARENT/GUARDIAN COLLEGE INFORMATION MEETING –
The Freshman & Sophomore Parent/Guardian Information Meeting that was to take place on Tuesday, March 24, has been postponed. We will announce the new date once it has been determined.
Cathedral Catholic High School is working diligently to provide a safe and supportive environment for all our students. On March 24 – 27, Cathedral will host our annual Yellow Ribbon Week. Our mission for Yellow Ribbon Week is to raise awareness on topics of mental health and suicide prevention. Our goal is to educate students on these topics and provide available resources. Details of the week’s events will be coming soon.
UPDATE: The Wellness Parent Coffee Chat that was scheduled to take place on Wednesday, March 25, has been canceled and will not be rescheduled.
On Thursday, March 26, we are honored to have Kevin Hines on campus to share his own personal story with our students. More information about Kevin Hines can be found on his website: http://www.kevinhinesstory.com/.
UPCOMING COLLEGE FAIR –
The San Diego National College Fair is sponsored by the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC). This event is free and open to the public.
- Date: Tuesday, April 21, 2020
- Location: San Diego Convention Center
- Time: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 6:00 – 8:30 p.m.
- Registration: GoToMyNCF.com
UPCOMING INFORMATION SESSION –
Join Brown University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Rice University and University of Chicago Sessions for an information session for prospective students and their families. Sessions include a brief overview of each institution, information on admissions and financial aid, and a chance to speak informally with admissions representatives.
- Date: Thursday, April 30, 2020
- Location: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Diego – Mission Valley
- Time: 7:00 p.m.
- Registration: Exploring Educational Excellence
Cal Coast Cares Foundation High School Scholarship
- Description: Recognizes outstanding students for their dedication to academic excellence and community leadership. These scholarships are awarded to graduating high school seniors in San Diego or Riverside Counties to help further their education.
- Award: Not listed
- Deadline: March 31, 2020
- Registration: High School Scholarship
High School Laptop Scholarship Contest
- Description: The Metropolitan Transit System (MTS), Coca-Cola and the San Diego County Office of Education will give away 40 laptops to students enrolled in a San Diego County High School
- Award: New laptop
- Deadline: April 10, 2020
- Application: Essay Contest
Scripps Ranch Old Pros Scholarship
- Description: Awarded to deserving graduating high school seniors who live in Scripps Ranch (92131) – based on academic achievement, athletic participation, and community service. Applicants’ fathers must be members of the SROP
- Award: up to $1,500
- Deadline: April 13, 2020
The Durkin IMPACT Scholarship
- Description: Awards three student-athletes who will continue their career at a 2-year or 4-year college or university and play in intercollegiate or intramural sports. One of the three awards will go to a student-athlete who resides in the community of Scripps Ranch (92131).
- Award: $2,500
- Deadline: April 30, 2020
- Application: Todd Durkin Impact Foundation