COURSE REGISTRATION FOR THE 2020-2021 ACADEMIC YEAR –
During the month of January, Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors will attend course registration presentations and meet individually with their counselors to go over their course selections for the 2020-2021 academic year. Students and parents/guardians should both review the 2020-2021 CCHS Curriculum Guide to be informed of the courses offered and familiarized with graduation requirements.
See below for the schedule:
|Course Registration Presentations||Dates|
|Freshman||January 14 – 17|
|Sophomore||January 28 – 31|
|Junior||January 21– 24|
BEST OF THE WEST TOUR –
Select PAC-12 institutions will host joint information sessions for prospective students and families. Hear information about admissions, scholarships, and student-life, as well as unique opportunities available to students from multiple universities all in one place! The program will conclude with a mini-college fair where students can ask additional questions to each university.
- Arizona State University
- Oregon State University
- University of Arizona
- University of Colorado Boulder
- University of Oregon
- University of Utah
- University of Washington
- Washington State University
- Date: Monday, February 10, 2020
- Time: 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. (Check-in begins at 6:30 p.m.)
- Location: St. Augustine High School, 3266 Nutmeg St., San Diego, CA 92104
- RSVP: Best of the West Student Night
SUMMER OPPORTUNITIES FAIR –
Pacific Ridge School is hosting a Summer Opportunities Fair this month. The Fair is an evening for exhibitors to present materials and talk with public and private middle and high school students and their parents about summer programs, internships and camp opportunities. There will also be information on standardized testing, scholarship search and searching summer opportunities. This event is free and open to the public.
- Date: Thursday, January 30, 2020
- Time: 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- Location: Pacific Ridge School – Mullady Hall; 6269 El Fuerte St., Carlsbad, CA 92009
CALIFORNIA BOYS STATE –
The Poway American Legion Post 479 is seeking qualified young men to attend the upcoming American Legion Boys State to be held June 20 – 27, 2020. It will take place on the campus of CSU Sacramento.
This is a program based on exposing our youth to the duties, rights and responsibilities of American citizenship and will be structured around the California State Constitution. An overview of the program can be viewed at California Boys State.
Interested candidates must be Juniors with at least one semester remaining in their Senior year after completion of the 2020 session. They will be required to supply a brief bio/resume along with a short essay on why they would like to attend Boys State and what they hope to achieve from the experience. This application should be forwarded to Willis Rief no later than February 18th. Interviews will be conducted by Officers of the Poway American Legion Post in March. Three (3) delegates and one alternate will be chosen among the candidates.
Please direct all questions to Willis Rief, Poway Post 479, 619-743-1620 or email@example.com.
Beverage Industry College Scholarship Program
- Description: California students who have a parent or grandparents employed with a company that holds a valid California beverage alcohol license. The list includes restaurants, retail and wholesale grocery establishments, convenience stores, drug stores, airlines, wineries, breweries, etc. Student employment or employment by other family members does not qualify.
- Award: $3,000 – $6,000
- Deadline: February 15, 2020
- Application: https://www.christermon.com/scholarship-program/applications/#14
The City of San Diego Public Works/ACEC Engineering Scholarship
- Description: San Diego County high school seniors who are interested in pursuing a career in engineering or land surveying
- Award: $2,000
- Deadline: January 31, 2020
- Application: PW/ACEC Application
Helix Water District Scholarship
- Description: High school seniors who reside in the Helix Water District are eligible to apply to this scholarship award
- Award: $1,000
- Deadline: February 28, 2020
- Application: https://hwd.com/?s=scholarship
Sons of Italy Grand Lodge of California Scholarship
- Description: Several scholarships are available for high school seniors of Italian descent
- Award: Not listed
- Deadline: March 1, 2020
- Application: http://www.osiaca.org/Portals/20/Academic%20Scholarship%20Fillable.pdf
Banatao Family Filipino American Education Fund
- Description: Five renewable scholarships to San Diego County high school seniors of at least 50% Filipino heritage who are seeking careers in engineering, physical, computer or environmental sciences
- Award: $20,00 ($5,000/year)
- Deadline: March 2, 2020
- Application: http://asianpacificfund.org/what-we-do/scholarships/apply-for-scholarship/#banatao
Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Choir San Diego Scholarship
- Description: Multiple scholarship awards to high school seniors who will be majoring in the areas of visual and performing arts
- Award: $1,500 – $3,000
- Deadline: March 5, 2020
- Application: http://mlkccsd.org/grants.html
North County Italian Association Scholarship
- Description: High school seniors residing in North County San Diego (north of CA Highway 56) and of at least 25% Italian ancestry are eligible to apply
- Award: $1,000
- Deadline: March 7, 2020
- Application: https://www.northcountyitalianassociation.org/scholarship-application
Italian Catholic Federation First Year Scholarship
- Description: Awards scholarships to high school students who are Roman Catholic and of Italian descent
- Award: $400; First year scholarship winners are eligible for second, third, and fourth year awards of $500, $600, and $1,000 respectively.
- Deadline: March 15, 2020
- Application: http://www.icf.org/scholarships/
Athena Pinnacle Scholarships
- Description: Five merit scholarship are available to San Diego County graduating high school women pursuing careers in the sciences including math, engineering and computer science
- Award: $2,500 or more
- Deadline: March 16, 2020
- Application: https://www.athenasd.org/pinnacle-scholarships