Welcome to the NHS Tutoring page!
Embracing Cathedral Catholic’s mission of educating lifelong learners, the National Honor Society strives to improve the intellectual welfare of our school community by offering FREE on-campus tutoring before and after school in the Academic Center. NHS tutoring provides Cathedral students with scheduled one-on-one, peer tutoring sessions both for homework help and studying trouble areas in a variety of subjects.
We also are establishing a Walk-In-Tutoring program that will offer opportunities for students to get help across many subjects, or just a place to come and do homework with others before finals!
NHS One-on-One Tutors
There is now a new NHS Tutoring link installed on all students’ iPads. Once you click on the link, you will be directed to a spreadsheet that contains all the NHS Tutors and Walk-In Options. If you run into a problem, make sure you are logged into your cchsdons email account, then try again.
The subjects are organized into categories. Once you find your subject and its available tutors, you may email that tutor and reserve one of their time slots. Make sure to specify the time slot you want and the subject(s) you need tutoring for.
Only students are to contact tutors. Parents are asked to please abstain from emailing any tutors on behalf of their children. NHS tutoring is student-to-student focused. We want those who are seeking to be tutored to take ownership of that commitment.
Tutors are to respond to tutees within 24 hours of their initial email. If you do not hear back from the tutor within that time frame, please email Grace Moreau, the Tutoring Officer, at email@example.com.
- If you cannot find your subject (or its category), e-mail the Tutoring Officer, Grace Moreau (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- NHS Tutors often cannot negotiate their available times. They have carefully chosen their times on their applications. Therefore, please choose someone who is completely compatible with your schedule.
- NHS Tutors apply every quarter. The posted availability times are only current for the current quarter. You may have to change times or even tutors when the next quarter starts.
- Please only choose days and times that you can commit to. NHS Tutors are not held responsible if you do not show up to a scheduled meeting. If you repeatedly cancel or fail to show up, NHS Tutors may request to stop tutoring you. If the NHS Tutor does not respond within the next 24 hours, please inform one of the Tutoring Officer by e-mail. The tutor will respond once we contact him/her.
- Please e-mail another tutor if the first one does not work out. We can always help you try find a tutor as well.
- Tutors will guide you through any NHS paperwork (hours forms) that you must fill out. Please be honest on the paperwork!
Cathedral’s NHS also offers walk-in tutoring! This great for students who do not need, or wish to commit to, one-on-one tutoring. Students may come to Assisi Hall 202 (Mr.Caro’s room) to “walk in” and ask questions about homework or seek help on confused material. All students are welcomed to Walk-In-Tutoring. All subjects are available to be tutored during these sessions.
During the month of finals, Walk-In sessions begin during dead week before final exams start. Walk-In tutoring runs from Tuesday through Thursday for an hour after school.
These dates include:
The more people use walk-in tutoring, the more sessions will be offered!
If you have any other questions that cannot be answered by the officers or concerns that you would like to take up with the head advisor of NHS, please email Mr. Caro at email@example.com.