Welcome to the NHS Tutoring page!
One of the concepts embraced at this campus is aiding the students here to be life-long learners and as an academic honor society, National Honor Society (NHS) strives to improve the intellectual welfare of the community by offering FREE before and after school on campus tutoring in the USDHS Academic Center. We also are establishing a Walk-In-Tutoring program that will offer weekly opportunities for students to get help across many subjects, or just a place to come and do homework with others!
NHS One-on-One Tutors
There is now a new NHS Tutoring link installed on all students’ iPads. Once you click on the link, you will be directed to a spreadsheet that contains all the NHS Tutors and Walk-In Options. If you run into a problem, make sure you are logged into your cchsdons email account, then try again. Once you are logged into your CCHSDons account and are able to access the spread sheet, you can begin to find a tutor that is suited to your needs.
The subjects are organized into categories. Once you find your subject and its available tutors, you may email that tutor and reserve one of their time slots. Make sure to specify the time slot you want and the subject(s) you need tutoring for.
Only students are to contact tutors. Parents are asked to please abstain from emailing any tutors on behalf of their children. NHS tutoring is student-to-student focused. We want those who are seeking to be tutored to take ownership of that commitment.
Tutors are to respond to tutees within 24 hours of their initial email. If you do not hear back from the tutor within that time frame, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you cannot find your subject (or its category), e-mail one of the Tutoring Officers (email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- NHS Tutors often cannot negotiate their available times. They have carefully chosen their times on their applications. Therefore, please choose someone who is completely compatible with your schedule.
- NHS Tutors apply every quarter. The posted availability times are only current for the current quarter. You may have to change times or even tutors when the next quarter starts.
- Please only choose days and times that you can commit to. NHS Tutors are not held responsible if you do not show up to a scheduled meeting. If you repeatedly cancel or fail to show up, NHS Tutors may request to stop tutoring you. If the NHS Tutor does not respond within the next 24 hours, please inform one of the Tutoring Officers by e-mail. The tutor will respond once we contact him/her.
- Please e-mail another tutor if the first one does not work out. We can always help you try find a tutor as well.
- Tutors will guide you through any NHS paperwork (hours forms) that you must fill out. Please be honest on the paperwork!
Do not hesitate to e-mail the main Tutoring email email@example.com or one of the Tutoring Officers (firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com) if you encounter any issues with tutoring and/or your tutor.
Cathedral’s NHS also offers walk-in tutoring! This great for students who do not need, or wish to commit to, one-on-one tutoring. There will be one week per month where on Tuesdays and Thursdays, students may come to Assisi Hall 202 (Mr.Caro’s room) to “walk in” and ask questions about homework or seek help on confused material. All students are welcomed to Walk-In-Tutoring. All subjects are available to be tutored during these sessions. The regular Walk-In-
Tutoring dates are as follow:
September 11, 13
October 9, 11
November 6, 8
January 8, 10
February 5, 7
March 12, 14
April 16, 18
May 7, 9
During the month of finals, Walk-In sessions will begin 2 week’s before finals begin. They will run from Tuesday through Thursday. Those dates are as follow:
December 4-6, 11-13
May 21-23, 28-30
The more people use walk-in tutoring, the more sessions will be offered!
If you have any other questions that cannot be answered by the officers or concerns that you would like to take up with the head advisor of NHS, please email Mr. Caro at firstname.lastname@example.org.