Overview: Cathedral Catholic High School teachers prepare students for life after high school by teaching them the knowledge and skills they will need to be successful in college and the workforce.
- High school (preferred: Catholic high school) teaching experience preferred.
- An appreciation for the Catholic spiritual and intellectual traditions, and a willingness and comfort infusing the Catholic faith throughout the curriculum.
- A bachelor’s degree in Spanish or a related program is required, and a teaching credential is preferred.
Responsibilities: Teachers at CCHS will be responsible for the following:
- To be familiar with and supportive of the educational philosophy of the school and the diocese of San Diego, and to accept the obligations of Christian witness.
- To use the prescribed curriculum, authorized textbooks/e-books and materials, and to observe, enforce, and implement the policies and regulations prescribed by the employee handbooks.
- To embrace the use of technology as an educational tool.
- To observe the school calendar and be available to students and parents before and after school
- To fulfill the normal workload of a full time teacher, which shall include:
- Minimum hours on campus from 7:30 until 2:45
- Five classes
- Conferences with students and parents
- Supervision of student activities and other supervision duties inside and outside of school hours (will be provided to teachers at the beginning of each school year)
- Development and effective use of lesson plans according to curriculum maps
- Attendance at faculty meetings, department meetings, and other school meetings as necessary
- To meet the yearly expectation for professional development and spiritual growth
- Responsible for the order and discipline of students in his/her classroom
- To cooperate fully with the school’s religious activities and to facilitate a LIGHT group
- To make all reports as required in a timely manner for administrative purposes and student attendance
- To exercise proper supervision and care of all furniture, electronic devices, books, supplies, equipment, rooms, and buildings entrusted to use
- To observe professional ethics and maintain confidentiality in dealing with administrators, faculty, students, parents, and the public
- To substitute on a rotating basis for fellow teachers who are absent
- To be present at Parent/Teacher Conferences, and to be available for other Parent/Teacher Conferences when requested by parents
- To be present at the school retreat, Open House, Back-to-School Night, Baccalaureate Mass, and the graduation ceremony
Please e-mail Mr. Chad Colden, Language Department Chairperson, at firstname.lastname@example.org the following information:
- Pre-Application Statement (signed)
- Cover letter expressing interest in teaching at Cathedral Catholic High School
- Updated resume
- College/University transcripts (unofficial is acceptable for the interview process, but official transcripts will be required if offered employment
- Letters of recommendation and contact information for three references (2 professional and 1 clergy member)