Background on Kairos
The Senior Kairos retreat experience is a profound experience of God’s immeasurable love. On this retreat, Seniors discover the grace of the Holy Spirit’s presence in our lives through family, friends, and community. This retreat is led by Cathedral Catholic High School students along with faculty and staff and is a three day, two night retreat.
Reality of Covid-19 and Overnight Camp for Teens
- We believe these retreats are central to our faith community and the growth of our students’ personal faith, character, responsibility and their knowledge of themselves, God, and their relationships with others. Additionally, the strong bonds of friendship on a retreat lend themselves to the inadvertent spread of contagions. This has always been the case with sleep away camps and, even with heightened awareness and Covid safety protocols, we assume this will continue to be the case on these retreats.
- Covid & Returning to Campus: Please be aware that CCHS is following current San Diego county policies regarding Covid exposure. IF someone on the retreat were to test positive within 48 hours of the trip, everyone on the retreat would be considered a close contact. All unvaccinated people would be required to quarantine (at home). The unvaccinated could return to campus on day 8 if they provide a negative covid test or on day 11 if they chose not to test. Vaccinated community members may return to campus if they do not have any symptoms. Given the community nature of these retreats, everyone on the retreat would be considered a close contact.
- We will be working closely with the Palomar Christian Conference Center leading up to and during the retreat, to ensure that appropriate Covid-19 safeguards are in place for our students and all participants from CCHS. Our administration and health team are continuously monitoring CDC and County recommendations/guidelines for suggested protocols and we will be implementing the very latest safeguards during our retreats. Click here to view the current retreat compliant protocols.
Sign Up Details:
- All Seniors have the opportunity to attend one of the five Kairos retreats this year.
- Fees for participation are included in student tuition.
- Kairos retreats are optional.
- Students leave campus on Wednesday morning and return by 4:30 p.m. on Friday. Meals and accommodations are provided by Palomar Christian Conference Center.
- In choosing a date for your Kairos retreat, please carefully consider sports seasons, extracurricular involvement and other academic and personal obligations.
- Please choose only ONE retreat. If your first choice is full, you may put your name on the wait-list for that retreat and sign up for your second retreat choice to be sure you have the opportunity to go. Retreats fill up very fast.
- Please note any allergies or dietary restrictions on your sign up.
- Kairos will be offered on:
- November 10-12, 2021
- February 9-11, 2022
- March 23-25, 2022
- April 27-29, 2022
Sign up for SENIOR RETREATS using these links:
Kairos #24: November 10-12, 2021
FEMALES: Senior Kairos #24 Retreat Nov. 10-12, 2021
MALES: Senior Kairos #24 Retreat Nov. 10-12, 2021
Kairos #25: February 9-11, 2022
FEMALES: Senior Kairos #25 Retreat Feb. 9-11, 2022
MALES: Senior Kairos #25 Retreat Feb. 9-11, 2022
Kairos #26: March 23-25, 2022
FEMALES: Senior Kairos #26 Retreat March 23-25, 2022
MALES: Senior Kairos #26 Retreat March 23-25, 2022
Kairos #27: April 27-29, 2022
FEMALES: Senior Kairos #27 Retreat April 27-29, 2022
MALES: Senior Kairos #27 Retreat April 27-29, 2022
WAITLIST for SENIOR KAIROS RETREATS:
For More Information About Retreats
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Mission & Ministry Team: Stacy Wells (firstname.lastname@example.org), Jeff Gramme (email@example.com), or Julie Cairelli (firstname.lastname@example.org).