Prayer Requests for Our Cathedral Catholic Community
We welcome prayer requests from all connected to our Cathedral Catholic community – students & families, employees, and alumni. Cathedral Catholic High School is more than a school. We are a strong faith family. We turn to each other for learning, love and support in all ways. There are many times we come together in prayer.
Prayer changes everything. Prayer, at its heart, is an act of faith, asking God to step in and believing that He is both willing and able to listen to us. Scripture reminds us of the power of prayer. The New Testament tells us that “the earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results”(James 5:16). The Old Testament shows us that God is there for His people again and again. In Isaiah 41:10 our support from God is confirmed: “do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Jesus taught us to bring our every need before God, and He assured us that “whatever you ask the Father in my name He will give you” (John 16:23). Pope Francis reminds us that through God, all things are possible “When coming from the heart, we know that prayer works miracles.”
Are you or a loved one in need of prayers? We welcome prayer requests from our Cathedral Catholic community. Our community is ready to take your concerns to heart and to God through our prayerful intercession. Your prayer intentions are sacred, and you can rest assured that we honor them.
You may submit your prayer intention online. We invite you to fill out the Prayer Intention form on this page.
Please pray for these CCHS community requests:
- For Heather Janikowski, parent of Dean ’19 and Megan ’20, and Jack ’22, who passed away January 19, 2021 after fighting stage 4 metastatic breast cancer for the third time.
- For Douglas Schmude who recently passed away. He was the Grandfather of Ethan Chesney, and he lived with The Chesneys while he battled his cancer.
- For Juan J. Garro, MD, grandfather of Max and Emma Garro ’25.
- For Marta Jiménez Cruz, grandmother of Allan Mendoza ’23, who passed away.
- For Audrey Jawor ’15, who recently passed away, and for her family.
- For Irene Aguirre Arenas, grandmother of Mirshah Misirlioglu ‘25, who passed away unexpectedly from a heart attack on February 14.
- For Tommy Shipp Cowan, grandfather of Christian Maki ’23 and Avery Maki ’26, who passed away on March 19, 2022.
- For Rob LeVeille, father of Bailey LeVeille ’16 and Nina LeVeille ’19, who passed away suddenly on March 31.
- For Susie Diot, grandmother of Matea Marinez ’23, Dillon Marinez ’12 and Donovan Marinez ‘08, who peacefully passed April 7, 2022.
- For Burnet Wohlford, father of Gracie ’23, Burnet Jr. ’23, and Liam ’25, who had open heart surgery on Friday, May 29.
- For the soul of Joe Tognoli, father of Anne St Marie ’23, who passed away unexpectedly in his sleep.
- For Lucia Bozzolo, grandmother of Max ’25 and Emma Garro ’25, that she have strength, optimism and complete healing from breast cancer.
- For Gordon L. Miller, grandfather of Troy Esayian ’24, who passed away unexpectedly on May 4.
- For Mia Marguglio ’25 who is undergoing testing for a neurological challenge resulting in paralysis of her legs. Please pray for her doctors to find a treatment and for Mia’s full recovery.
- For Joanne Shaw, grandmother of Elyse ‘23 and Avery ‘25, who lost her battle with cancer on May 18, 2022.