Overview: Cathedral Catholic High School teachers prepare students for life after high school by teaching them the knowledge and skills they will need to be successful in college and the workforce.
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge of teaching, people skills, and communication skills.
- A practicing Catholic and a degree in Theology is required, and teaching experience is preferred (note: if someone is hired without any teacher training, course work in curriculum design, authentic student assessment and classroom management will be expected in the first three years).
Responsibilities: Teachers at CCHS will be responsible for the following:
- To be familiar with and supportive of the educational philosophy of the school and the diocese of San Diego, and to accept the obligations of Christian witness.
- To use the prescribed curriculum, authorized textbooks/e-books and materials, and to observe, enforce, and implement the policies and regulations prescribed by the employee handbooks.
- To embrace the use of technology as an educational tool.
- To observe the school calendar and be available to students and parents before and after school
- To fulfill the normal workload of a full time teacher, which shall include:
- Present on campus minimally from 7:30 until 2:45;
- Five classes;
- Conferences with students and parents;
- Supervision of student activities and other supervision duties inside and outside of school hours (will be provided to teachers at the beginning of each school year);
- Development and effective use of lesson plans according to curriculum maps;
- Attendance at faculty meetings, department meetings, and other school meetings as necessary;
- To meet the yearly expectation for professional development and spiritual growth;
- To embrace restorative discipline practices in his/her classroom;
- To cooperate fully with the school’s religious activities;
- To make all reports as required in a timely manner for administrative purposes and student attendance;
- To exercise proper supervision and care of all furniture, electronic devices, books, supplies, equipment, rooms, and buildings entrusted to use;
- To observe professional ethics and maintain confidentiality in dealing with administrators, faculty, students, parents, and the public;
- To substitute on a rotating basis for fellow teachers who are absent;
- To be present at Parent/Teacher Conferences, and to be available for other Parent/Teacher Conferences when requested by parents;
- To be present at the school retreat, Open House, Back-to-School Night, Baccalaureate Mass, and the graduation ceremony.
Please e-mail Mrs. Sandy Blackstone-Gardner, Religious Studies Department Chairperson, at SBGardner@cathedralcatholic.org the following information:
- Pre-Application Statement (signed)
- Cover letter expressing interest in teaching at Cathedral Catholic High School
- Updated resume
- College/University transcripts (unofficial is acceptable for the interview process, but official transcripts will be required if offered employment
- Letters of recommendation and contact information for three references (2 professional and 1 clergy member)