ALL SCHOOL –
Augustana College will be hosting a Division III College Sports Talk in San Diego on Tuesday, September 19. During the event, students will learn:
What to consider when researching colleges for their sport(s)
The ins and outs of the Division III athletic recruitment process
Why a Division III college can be a great athletic AND academic fit
The talk will be led by Grey Giovanine – Augustana College Head Basketball Coach and Basketball Times 2015 National Coach of the Year. A light dinner and refreshments will be provided at the event. Students, families, counselors, and coaches are welcome to attend and may REGISTER HERE. Please feel free to pass along the invite to your school’s Athletic Directors as well. If you have any questions, please contact Kristy Blue, Director of Admissions – West Coast (email@example.com).
Catalyst Prep will once again be hosting SAT and ACT Bootcamps on campus at CCHS. Catalyst describes their bootcamps as “momentum-boosting two-day seminars that guarantee students march into the SAT or ACT with every key strategy fresh in their minds”. To enroll, visit Catalyst and click on “Bootcamp Sign-Up”. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-235-0056.
|SAT Bootcamp||CCHS Lecture Hall||September 23rd & 30th||9am – 1pm||$175|
|ACT Bootcamp||CCHS Lecture Hall||October 7th & 14th||9am – 1pm||$175|
School Counselors are currently meeting one-on-one with freshman to introduce themselves and to check-in with how they are handling the transition to high school.
Coffee with Counselors: Please join the School Counselors for an informal gathering in the Lecture Hall. This is a perfect opportunity to meet the counselors and have your questions answered. This event will run from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Coffee and bagels will be provided. No RSVP is necessary.
JUNIORS & SENIORS –
College Representative visits begin September 11th. Juniors and seniors are allowed to attend up to five (5) rep visits. Students can see the list of colleges visiting our campus in their Family Connection accounts. Registration is required to attend. Attendance will be taken at the time of the college visit. If you need assistance registering for a visit, please contact Mrs. Flynn.
Boston University is hosting an information session for juniors and seniors and their families in September. The details are:
- When: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.
- Where: San Diego Marriott La Jolla, 4240 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego, CA 92037
- RSVP: http://www.bu.edu/admissions/visit-us/bu-in-your-area/
The Counseling Office has study guides for the ACT and SAT
A message for the College Counselors:
The College Counseling team is excited for the new school year and working with your students on their college admissions process. We wanted to reach out with some information that you may find helpful.
- Parent Survey Question in Naviance: The parent question for your student is embedded within the senior counselor survey in Naviance. Students must cut and paste the parent response into their student survey. There is not a separate parent survey to complete.
- Senior Parent Night: We are hosting our Senior Parent College and Financial Aid Night on Thursday, September 21st at 6:30pm in the Theater. We will be discussing the college admissions process, Naviance features, and financial aid.
- Cathedral College Fair: Our annual college fair will be held on Thursday, October 19th from 6:00-8:00pm in the Claver Center/gymnasium.
- Senior Presentations/One-On-One Meetings: The senior college presentations will take place on September 11-12th during senior religion classes. One-on-one meetings with each senior will begin after presentations are completed.
We look forward to seeing you at our upcoming events!