Volunteer Opportunity: The American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC) annual meeting will be held in San Diego this summer and they are looking for 25 volunteers to help stuff convention bags. If you are interested in getting some volunteer hours and helping the AACC please contact Dr. Fitzgerald at email@example.com and he will fill you in on the details.
Love on a Leash will have dogs on campus during the break (9:30-9:50 a.m.) between final exams on Friday, May 26th and Tuesday, May 30th at For God and Country Plaza. Come relieve your stress with some furry friends!
There are summer job opportunities for high school students posted on the bulletin board outside of the Counseling Office. Take a look if you are searching for a summer job.
Congratulations Class of 2017! On behalf of the Counseling Office, we are proud of the work you have done to get to this moment. We wish you well and share your excitement as you begin a new chapter in your lives. God bless and peace be with you.
Back by popular demand, Cathedral Catholic Counseling will be offering four (4) summer College Camp sessions to assist rising seniors in preparing, planning and starting the college application process. UPDATE: SESSION 1 (June 5-9, 8:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.) IS CLOSED.
- Complete an interest inventory/career assessment
- Learn the process and tools to best research colleges
- Receive individualized SAT/ACT evaluation
- Start and complete a college resume
- Create a fluid but appropriate college list with reach, target and safety schools
- Begin the Common Application, CSU, & UC applications as available
- Complete a Common App essay to be reviewed and returned with feedback by a college essay expert
- Experience a mock admission’s panel with 3 reputable admissions representatives
- Explore scholarships and complete one scholarship application
Online registration can be found here. Space is limited to the first 21 students per session. No mailed or emailed registration forms will be accepted. The program fee is $399 if you register between March 28th and April 30th; after that date the fee increases to $425. Financial aid is available to those who qualify. Once 21 students per session have been met, the session will be closed and remaining students will be offered the next session or added to the wait list. Please contact Mrs. Flynn (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to be added to a session waitlist.