Assumption of Risk and Agreement
As a parent/guardian, I understand that those participating in athletics are at a higher risk of exposure to the COVID-19 virus; due to increase physical contact, shared equipment, and ventilation. In order to participate in sports, the student-athlete and parent/guardian of the student-athlete must read and sign the following assumption of risk and waiver.
- As a parent/guardian, I understand that COVID-19 is extremely contagious and has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization.
- As a parent/guardian, I understand that by participating in sports and by utilizing the associated facilities my child may knowingly, or unknowingly transmit the virus to family, friends, teammates, and/or others he/she may come into contact with. Which may include the elderly, immunocompromised, young children, and others that are at higher risk to contract the virus.
- As a parent/guardian, I understand that there is an increase in exposure during contests/games and during travel to said contests/games.
- As a parent/guardian, I understand that although every attempt is made to minimize chances of exposure, there is no guarantee that can be made.
To do my part to limit the exposure to/transmission of COVID-19, I, as a parent/guardian, agree that my child will follow the recommendations of the CDC which include, but are not limited to:
- Proper general hygiene
- Proper handwashing techniques
- Use of hand sanitizer when handwashing is unavailable
- Proper use of personal protective equipment
- Not sharing any personal items
- Following CCHS's COVID-19 Policies
As a parent/guardian, I voluntarily agree to assume all risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child. I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge and hold harmless Cathedral Catholic High School, their administration, staff, volunteers, employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, with respect to any and all injury, illness, or disability, loss or damage to person or property, expenses, and/or death; arising out of or relating to COVID-19. I understand this release includes any claims based on actions, omissions, or negligence of the releases, and whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during or after my participation.
In the interest of health and public safety during the COVID-19 pandemic, I acknowledge that I have truthfully and accurately disclosed the above information regarding my child’s health status and history, including any symptoms/exposure to COVID-19.