When we receive clearance to resume sporting activities, our department will assist you in preparing for the fall season and athletics in general. We recommend that you begin your preparation as soon as possible. Every student who wishes to participate in our athletic program must obtain a clearance card issued by the Athletic Department.
Below is information and the steps to receive your clearance card:
- If you have not already done so, we recommend that you set up a time for your child to get a sports’ physical. We believe that the pandemic may cause a delay in seeing your physician and you must have a physical to tryout or practice. Due to the pandemic, we will be unable to offer our school summer physical.
- Transfer students are considered high school students that have attended another high school prior to becoming a student at Cathedral Catholic High School. Transfer students and their parents must meet with the athletic director to begin the clearance card process. The student must clear CIF Residential Eligibility before they can tryout or participate. Please call 858-523-4022 to make an appointment with the athletic director.
- Incoming freshmen and transfer students will be able to fill out the on-line athletic forms once they have received their school email and password information from our Technology Office. This needs to be done before you can complete step one below.
4 Steps to obtain a CLEARANCE CARD.
A Clearance Card is necessary to participate in Athletics at CCHS.
- Complete the Athletic Forms online. Each parent or guardian must login using the student’s school email address and password. This will allow you access to the forms. There are eight pages to complete (If you are unable to submit the paperwork at the end of the process, this indicates that a required field has not been completed. Please go back and complete the missing information and re-submit). A green bar will appear at the top of the page to verify submission.
- Complete and Athletic Physical Form (click here to download) The form must be completed by a physician (MD/DO), physician’s assistant (PA), or nurse practitioner (NP) licensed in the State of California. The physical is only valid if completed on or after June 5th. It is important that this form is signed, dated, and stamped (or physician’s business card is attached). The completed form must be turned into the Athletic Office. Please keep a copy for your files.
- Each year, an adult from each family must register, sign-in and attend an annual parent/guardian Drug and Alcohol Educational Meeting prior to the start of their sport. The requirement will be postponed for the 2020-2021 school year due to the pandemic.
- Students must come into the athletic office to pick up their clearance card prior to tryouts. A clearance card may only be issued by the athletic office. Once all required steps are met and grades and eligibility are verified, a clearance card will be issued.
Once the clearance card has been obtained, the student must present this to the coach prior to tryouts or practice. The athlete cannot participate in a tryout or practice if the coach has not received a clearance card issued by the Athletic Department. No exceptions will be made.
** Transfer students are considered students who have attended another high school prior to becoming a student at Cathedral Catholic High School. Transfer students must meet with the Athletic Director to begin the Clearance Card process. The student must clear Residential Eligibility before being allowed to participate at Cathedral Catholic High School. Transfer students need to contact the Athletic Office, (858) 523-4022, to set an appointment. **
Clearance Cards are available for pickup in the Athletic Office.
Summer Hours- Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.- 1:30 p.m.
School Year Hours- Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.