Thank you for your interest in Cathedral Catholic High School. Cathedral Catholic High School accepts applications from international applicants (students holding non-US passports) applying for the fall semester only in grades 9, 10 or 11.
We do not typically consider international applicants applying for grade 11, and absolutely do not accept applications for 12th grade.
Completed applications for International students with supplemented documentation in good order must be submitted by May 5, 2019, however we encourage interested applicants to complete their application paperwork as soon as possible. We do not typically accept mid-year transfers.
Step 1 – Sit for the TOEFL Exam (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- Registration for the TOEFL exam is available online at www.ets.org/toefl. Cathedral Catholic High School’s school code is #2939. Please have the results reported to CCHS.
- Cathedral Catholic High School only accepts the TOEFL exam scores (we do not accept TOEFL Junior scores) and international applicants must earn a minimum score:
Applicant’s Grade in Fall: 9 or 10
Minimum Score Requirement: 71 (internet based test)
- TOEFL scores often take 6-8 weeks. Please plan accordingly.
Step 2 – Complete and return by May 5, 2020
We kindly request that all paperwork submitted to Cathedral Catholic High School be translated into English by a certified translator.
- Application Form – to be completed and electronically, online, by parent/guardian.
- Student Questionnaire– to be completed by the student in his/her own words please.
- Previous two years of student grades – Cathedral Catholic High School requires that international transcripts be submitted to the translation & evaluation service of our choice. Upon application, you will be able to access the document request forms, as well information regarding the submission of transcripts to the evaluation service of our choice. We will also require course descriptions to accompany transcripts, as well as a description of the school’s grading/evaluation system. Please be sure all forms are turned in early to the school in order to help them meet the admissions deadline.
- Previous Year(s) Standardized Test Scores – please submit your child’s standardized test scores for previous school year(s).
- Copy of passport (to verify child’s date of birth and legal name)
- Immunization records (if not sent by school, parent must provide record to Cathedral Catholic High School) Tuberculosis (TB) and Pertussis (Tdap) Booster Form – Documented proof of tuberculosis (TB) testing dated after September 1, 2012 and Whooping Cough Booster (Tdap) mandated by State of California (booster needs to be dated within the past seven years).
- Student Recommendation Form – to be given to your student’s current school for completion. Please refer to Ravenna Application Portal for instructions.
- Proof of Guardianship (if planning to live with non-natural parents)
- International Student Information Sheet – required for I-20 paperwork, if the student is accepted. (Available in the Ravenna Application Portal)
- I-134 Affidavit of Support – required by the US Department of Homeland Security. (Available from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website)
- The Application/Processing Fee is $150. Fees are due upon completion of the online application.
Step 3 – Interview
- As soon as the results of the TOEFL and a completed application packet are received at Cathedral Catholic High School, the Admissions Committee will review your student’s file. We will contact you to make arrangements for the international student’s interview (via Skype) with our Director of Admissions. The interview is the last step of the application process, and is not scheduled until the rest of the application is complete. Interviews are scheduled on a rolling basis, and typically take place in late April/ May.
Step 4 – Offer of Admission, Deposit and I-20
- After the student’s interview, the admissions committee will notify the international applicant of their acceptance if space is available.
- At that time, the deposit is required in order to issue the I-20.
- Upon receipt of the deposit, the admissions office will mail the I-20 to the student who will need to take it to the U.S. Consulate in their home country in order to obtain their VISA.
Step 5 – Tuition and Fee Agreement and Registration
- The tuition for International students for the 2019-2020 year is $33,000. The tuition rate for the 2020-2021 has not yet been set.
- Upon acceptance, Cathedral Catholic High School will send you information to set up your tuition and fee agreement for the 2020-2021 school year. You will also receive additional information to facilitate your child’s enrollment into the school.
- Completing the online Tuition and Fee Agreement is imperative to confirm that they will be attending Cathedral Catholic High School in the fall.
- Should you choose not to enroll your child in the fall, we kindly request you let us know in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org during the tuition agreement and final registration process.
- Upon acceptance, a request should be submitted to your child’s current school for official, final transcripts to be sent to our attention, no later than June 20, 2020.
How to Submit Admissions Paperwork
Application documents can be delivered through the Ravenna Application Portal.
Thank you again for your interest in Cathedral Catholic High School. It is our sincerest hope that you and your child become a part of the Dons family next year.